DUCT CLEANING: OUR MOST FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
If your question isn’t covered here, feel free to contact us!
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF CLEANING YOUR AIR DUCTS?
- Over time, air ducts collect a variety of contaminants such as mold, fungi, bacteria and dust that have the potential to negatively affect people’s health. The removal of these contaminants from the air ducts should be considered an important component in an overall plan to improve indoor air quality.
HOW CAN I DETERMINE IF AN AIR DUCT CLEANING WAS EFFECTIVE?
- The best way to determine if the service was effective is to perform a visual inspection before and after the cleaning. If you can still see any debris/contamination after an air duct cleaning, the cleaning was not effective.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I HAVE MY DUCTS CLEANED?
- How often you have your air ducts cleaned depends on several factors. The most important factor is how often you, the homeowner, want them done, but here are a few factors to consider:
- Smokers in the house
- Pets that shed high amounts of hair and dander
- Water contamination or damage to the home or HVAC system
- Residents with allergies or asthma who might benefit from a reduction in the amount of indoor air pollutants
- Recent home renovations
- You should also consider duct cleaning services prior to moving into a brand new home. See duct cleaning for new construction.
HOW SHOULD A RESIDENTIAL HOME’S DUCTWORK BE CLEANED?
- The best way to clean a home’s air ducts is to employ source removal methods. This requires our technician to place the system under negative pressure and use devices that are inserted into the ducts work to dislodge any debris that might be stuck to interior surfaces.
WHAT CRITERIA SHOULD I USE WHEN SELECTING A DUCT CLEANING COMPANY?
- You should get a quote and interview as many companies as possible. Ask them to come and look at your system and give you a quote based on your home’s size and duct system. At White Heating and Air Conditioning, we give free quotes. Ask what ever questions you feel necessary:
- Are you a certified Air Cleaning Specialist?
- How are you going to clean my air ducts?
- What kind of equipment are you going to use?
WHAT IS THE NORMAL PRICE RANGE FOR DUCT CLEANING SERVICES?
- The U.S Environmental Protection Agency says that “duct cleaning services typically – but not always – range in cost from $450 to $1,000 per heating and cooling system, depending on the services being offered, the size of the system to be cleaned, system accessibility, climactic region and level of contamination.” Give White Heating and Air Conditioning a call and we will send out a trained technician to answer all of your questions and give you a free quote.
WILL HAVING MY AIR DUCTS CLEANED REDUCE MY HOME ENERGY BILLS?
- Research by the U.S Environmental Protection Agency has demonstrated that an duct cleaning may allow systems to run more efficiently by removing debris from the system.